YORKSHIRE VETS ROAD RELAY CHAMPS

News, reports, teams, comments on races, car shares.

YORKSHIRE VETS ROAD RELAY CHAMPS

Postby Peter » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm

We are hosting the Yorkshire Vets Relay againn this year on SATURDAY 23rd October 11am from the Lido. Last years event was a big success due to the input of a large number of Harriers volunteering their help. We want to make this years event equally successful so I am once again asking for some of your valuable time. Christine Mathews is organising the food and drinks she would really like all the club to contribute to this, sandwiches , cake, savouries etc. Last years contributions were fantastic and rightfully given plaudits from all who attended.
We will need at least 12 marshals to help on the course/staring and finishing area. The race starts at 11am and will last no more than 90mins so I am asking for help for some people from around 9-30 to hand out registration envelopes to the teams and then marshals at the start/finish area and road points from 10-45 until the last runner goes through, which would be about 90 mins after the start.
The club gained a great deal of credit from last years event so lets go one better this year, support the race and support our teams. Contact me on the forum or give me a ring at home, thanks Peter Shields
Peter

Re: YORKSHIRE VETS ROAD RELAY CHAMPS

Postby the liverbird » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi Peter

I am happy to help out, if I don't make one of the V45 teams!

Sharon
the liverbird

Postby janeb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm

I thought you were a V40!
oops!!
Jane
janeb

Postby the liverbird » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks for the compliment Jane, I just look young for my age! lol

Sharon
the liverbird

Postby Peter » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi, can I thank you all for putting on a great event for Ilkley Harriers today. Christine and her team presented our baking skills at there best and raised £79.28p for their hard work. Our marshals were welcoming and supportive to all competitors and their supporters, safety is a major issue in running events like this and all the feedback I received told me that people felt safe and confident on the road. The start finish team were right on the mark in producing the results accurately and very fast, that has to be an A+. Then, what about our athletes they certainly came up to the plate, as a coach for 40+ years my natural disposition is to look at potential whether psychological, physical or a combination of all those attributes and what I saw today was that in abundance, which makes me feel the club is secure for some years to come. As a club we have numerous people that want to assist in helping our athletes to reach their potential, tap into them, lets get some more pb's and medals. Thanks for your support Peter
Peter

Postby neil chapman » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Lost & Found
I suspect someone may have left their Gilet in Pete's car when picking up their marshals vest today at the relays, as I found one in the bag when sorting out the vests ready for Ben's race. If so I have it, so get in touch please.

Neil
neil chapman

Return to Racing