Tuesday Away Runs 2010

What was your training today? Find a training partner? Questions and tips.

Tuesday Away Runs 2010

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 am

Paul Wood has suggested that I organise away runs this summer like I did last year.
I have 4 dates, all Tuesdays. The dates coincide with Tuesdays where the Tennis Club is unavailable for our meetings or when there are no major conflicting events taking place.
The preliminary arrangements are as follows:

May 25th - This will be a repeat of last year's run that gained a favourable response, from Halton Heights via Bolton Abbey and Barden Bridge. Afterwards probably at the Swan in Addingham. We will meet at 7.00pm at Halton Heights where there is car parking at GR 038556 (marked "cattle grid"). This is on the Barden to Embsay road. It's always best to share transport if possible because parking availability can be somewhat limited.
June 8th - T.B.A.
July 6th - T.B.A.
July 27th - T.B.A.

Confirmation of the other runs will follow in due course. We have a new route planned from Harewood, and I don't think we can get away with not doing the Simon's Seat run.
All these runs are trail runs over good paths and are suitable for most abilities
Watch out for further details on the Forum and Google Group.

All runs will be followed by refreshments in a convenient pub. Food provision will be variable, but arrangements can usually be put in place for some suitable food.

I look forward to a good turnout on May 25th.

Andy
Andy Wolfenden

Re: Tuesday Away Runs 2010

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Sat May 08, 2010 8:37 pm

The schedule for these runs is now complete and is as follows:

May 25th - From Halton Heights to Bolton Abbey - Barden Bridge - Barden Lower Res, this is about 8.5 miles.
June 8th - Sharp Haw from the canal-side car park in Skipton, this is about 8.5 miles.
July 6th - Simons Seat from the parking area at Barden Bridge, this is about 7.5 miles.
July 27th - Harewood includes a run through the park, we meet in the car park down a lane to the right just before the park gates, this is about 7 miles.

We meet at 7.00pm and afterwards we take refreshment at a convenient pub. The runs are all over mixed terrain, mostly trail, and are suitable for most abilities. The quicker runners should understand that it takes a little longer for we velocity challenged old farts, and much re-grouping is required for a group of 30 or so mixed ability runners. These are relaxed, social easy runs and I look forward to a good turn out on each occasion.

Andy
Andy Wolfenden

Postby Paul » Tue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Just a reminder that Andy Wolfenden is leading an Away Run tonight, at Halton Heights.
For those who can't make it, there is still a run at the Tennis Club.
Both runs at 7pm.
Paul

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:52 am

Just a reminder that as an alternative option to the normal club run, we have an away run tomorrow evening from Skipton. Full details are to be found elsewhere in this posting.
Andy Wolfenden

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:22 am

Just a reminder about the away run planned for tomorrow night, as per the main web listing.
There is usually adequate parking at Barden Bridge, but try to share transport if possible. I have room if anyone wants a lift from Ilkley at about 6.30.
If you are delayed by a few minutes, or having a pee behind a tree, or something, please let someone know so that I am not in trouble for leaving anyone behind.
The road between Addingham and B Abbey is closed this week during the day until 6.00pm. This shouldn't be a problem for our travel arrangements, but it is something to be aware of. It may be safer to use the Nesfield road.
Then afterwards, we're off to the Swan in Addingham for a few packets of pork scratchings.
See you all there.

Andy
Andy Wolfenden

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Had report that the Addingham - Bolton Abbey road looks as if it could well be closed later than scheduled. It may be best to use the Nesfield road as previously advised.
Andy Wolfenden

Postby Paul » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:20 pm

The road is open.
Addingham-Bolton Abbey road is now open as scheduled (6pm), diversion signs are down and traffic going both ways.
Paul

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 am

Last night close on 60 Harriers made it to Simon's Seat; is this a club record? and afterwards demolished copious quantities of doorstep butties and chips courtesy of IHAC and kindly provided by The Swan Addingham. Thanks to everyone for making it a great social outing.
Andy Wolfenden

Change Of Run on July 27th

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:16 am

I have had to change the route for the next away run, this is because Harewood House and grounds shuts up shop completely at 6.00pm. The revised run will be from Storiths to Rocking Hall, an entirely off- road run of around 8.5 miles, quite rough trail in parts with some climbing but as usual all abilities welcome. Many of you have done this one in previous years. We will meet at the roadside parking area near Buffers Cafe at 7.00pm and once again we'll head off to The Swan in Addingham afterwards for some sustenance. Please pass this message around because there are many members who don't look at this forum.
Andy Wolfenden

Postby Andy Wolfenden » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 pm

A reminder that tomorrow's run is from STORITHS, meet at 7.00pm, and NOT Harewood as originally planned. Please pass this info on as much as possible. It would be most unfortunate if any went to Harewood by mistake.
Andy Wolfenden

Return to Training