Ilkley (HDSRL) Harrogate Road Race League race

News, reports, teams, comments on races, car shares.

Ilkley (HDSRL) Harrogate Road Race League race

Postby neil chapman » Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 am

We as a club are staging one of the Harrogate Road League races again this year on Tuesday 19th June , and most things are pretty much in place, the finishing touches being the helpers and marshals I need to stage the event. The start and finish is based at the Rugby Club as usual and food after will be at the Clarke Foley Centre.

The difference this time is Clarke Foley are not preparing any food, we are going to have to organise that ourselves, so as usual I will be asking you all nearer the time to commit to bringing some food on the night. What I do need now are volunteers, who are not intending to run, to help marshal the race, and a small team to look after the catering up at Clarke Foley. So if you are able to help can you add your name here, and if you have a preference between marshaling and helping with the food include that as well. We always get good reports back after these events, so we have that reputation to live up to.

Thanks

Neil
neil chapman

Re: Ilkley (HDSRL) Harrogate Road Race League race

Postby HWadd » Wed May 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Neil put us both down - don’t mind what jobs - happy to help with catering or marshalling. Helen and Dick
HWadd

Postby Ali_B » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Neil, I am happy to help out either catering or marshalling, Alison B
Ali_B

Postby neil chapman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Thank you to everyone who helped organise, set up, clear away and marshal the race last night, also to everyone who provided food, and that fantastic team who delivered the food to the hundreds of hungry runners who went back to Clarke Foley. We had a good night for it and the second highest number of runners, over 480, at a Harrogate League Race. Well done to all the runners, but particularly those four guys at the front, who put on the best finish to a league race that I have watched. Its over for another year, but I am hoping to put on a 10k race early next year and hope I can count on your support.
Neil
neil chapman

Return to Racing