Homnom November

Membership queries, notices, social scene.

Homnom November

Postby HWadd » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:10 am

Harrier of the month time! Committee is meeting this Tuesday so please get yourself a mince pie and settle down with the website and take a few minutes to scan the results and get nominating! You can nominate anyone for anything, either here on Facebook or to homnom@ilkleyharriers.org.uk. It’s not just about the winners or fast runners.

On the roads, Parkruns continue to be popular - Martin Archer was quick out of the blocks at the first November Parkrun at Bradford with a stunning time of 18.11 which is the third fastest club time at this event, Will Wood was 10th overall at Woodhouse Moor (18.44), Phil Hirst 22.10 at Harrogate, Norman Bush 23.13 at Fountains Abbey (63/395), A fantastic turnout of 17 Harriers at the Abbey Dash with 4 making sub 40 times and lots of sub 50s and nearly all completing within the hour which shows great strength. Too many names to pick out individuals but I know lots of people had been training hard at various Harriers sessions so please name the ones you know who have shown brilliant commitment and preparation for this event. Hilda Coulsey and Jack Wood both produced brilliant times at the blustery final Evensplits 5K event - Jack winning overall (16.24) and Hilda taking 1st V60 in a brilliant time of 25.16. Fantastic to see Pete Shields out racing again - a brilliant 2nd V70 at the tough Chorley Fire 10K and finishing in the top third.

Off road the Burley Moor run goes from strength to strength with a top quality field this year and a whopping 27 Harriers taking it on! Again, so many great performances it’s hard to pull names out but 8 Harriers in the top 20 is fantastic and Jack Cummings narrowly missed winning overall and Jane McCarthy was 2nd lady. Lucy Williamson took on the Betws y coed Trail Challenge - a tough 10k - and came first lady and 10th overall. The first Run Bolton Abbey event drew crowds of Harriers taking part in all 3 distances - all of which were challenging in their own way, not least due to organisational errors - please check out the results as there are lots of runners’ names appearing for the first time on race results so please pick out anyone you know who has been working had to prepare or stepped out of their comfort zone! Lots of Harriers also at the Tour of Pendle, as tough as the Three Peaks they say, so brilliant that so many take it on and fantastic results from all - Jack Wood coming second, Jane McCarthy 1st V40 and special mention to Ben Sheppard who managed to break a bone early on and still finish with brilliant time of 2.51 and 45th overall.

The Cross Country season is well under way - the West Yorkshire event at Spenborough saw a brilliant result for Pauline Munro finishing 7th overall and the first PECO event saw over 25 Harriers taking part including Steven Gott coming 42nd overall and Jane McCarthy and Ellie Kitchen both finishing in the top 20. Lots more names to choose from though so please add to the list!! And don’t forget the volunteer of the month.

I am bound to have missed something/someone so please help me out! And finally, I am delighted to say that from January Jean Sullivan is taking over from me doing the monthly summary and call out - thank you Jean!
HWadd

Return to Club