Upper Wharfedale Fell Rescue Open Day - Sat 25th Feb

Membership queries, notices, social scene.

Upper Wharfedale Fell Rescue Open Day - Sat 25th Feb

Postby mudsplasher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Following the sizable donation from the club to the UWFRA last year (quiz night and beginner's group) I have received an invitation for 2 people to attend the opening of their extended and refurbished hut in Grassington on Sat 25th Feb. It is from 10 am to 1.00 pm and includes light refreshments and drinks. If anyone would like to accompany me please let me know before 19th February. Thanks. Val Kerr
mudsplasher

Re: Upper Wharfedale Fell Rescue Open Day - Sat 25th Feb

Postby mudsplasher » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Outi and I had a very pleasant and informative trip to the UWFRA 'hut' opening today (representing the Harriers) with lots of photographs on display, a guided tour around a fully equipped rescue Landrover (impressive) and a meeting with two rescue dogs trained to sniff out missing persons. Over the years the 'hut' has evolved from an old railway carriage to a disused signal box and now to an extended '4-bedroom house' with garages, training quarters, meeting rooms and plenty of storage space. All contributors were thanked for their donations which have made the 'hut' extension possible. The UWFRA still needs £50,000/year to operate so please continue to support this good cause which covers a vast area from Ilkley Moor to Pateley Bridge and up to the watershed north of Buckden. The UWFRA are organizing their annual fundraising fell races again on Sat 24th June from Kettlewell so please reserve this date in your diaries.
mudsplasher

Return to Club