Race for Life - Skipton

Junior training, racing, all Junior Ilkley Harriers stuff

Race for Life - Skipton

Postby Shirley » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:23 am

Calling all mums and daughters. Broughton Hall, Skipton is the venue for this year's Race for Life on Sunday 17th May. It's a sponsored event and you will be raising money for Cancer Research UK. There are two races 11am and 3pm and entry fee is £12.99.
See http://www.raceforlife.org
(other events on 17th May: its the first YAL event and Flasby Fell orienteering event)
Shirley

Re: Race for Life - Skipton

Postby diane.kitchen » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi Shirley Lily and I are interested in this race Which are you thinking of doiong? 11 or 15:00? Do you have any entry forms or shall we enter online? Diane PS I sent some rersults to Paul last weeek about the National XC but they are not on the website Did he not get them? Knowing me I probably did something wrong. Diane
diane.kitchen

Postby Soobedoo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi

I don't want to steal anyones thunder but Ellie and I are running (with a lot of Menston Mums) the RFL on June 7th at Lister Park (Bradford). We are running it in memory of a friend, Claire Egan, who died a couple of months ago after a brave battle with breast cancer.

Anyone is welcome to join us, we have 3 groups, walkers, joggers, and runners, so there could be something for everyone.
Soobedoo

Postby Shirley » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi Di and soo
I can't actually get to either of the race for life events as there are clashes with other things. Di - go via the link and do your own entries.
As I can't run myself I will happily sponsor both Lily and Ellie to run.
Note for anyone else interested in running - if you can't make the Skipton event go to the Bradford one. It's all in a good cause.
Shirley

Return to Junior Forum