Bun sale and logged miles for Braithwaite school.

Junior training, racing, all Junior Ilkley Harriers stuff

Bun sale and logged miles for Braithwaite school.

Postby s4lly » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 pm

As many you will have read in the harriers newsletter we are all helping Braithwaite Special School in Keighley ( where Richard Malir Works) to complete a global triathlon. The children at Braitwaite School are able to manage the distance to swim to Europe but we need to help them run the distance.On Saturday 8th May we are going to log how many miles we run and pledge these miles to the school, then I was hoping some of you could do some baking and we could have a bun sale to raise some money for the school to buy much needed computer equipment. Maybe we could also do the same as this on the 16th May too ?I know we all enjoy a treat after our run so everybody benefits.

Sally Malir
s4lly

Re: Bun sale and logged miles for Braithwaite school.

Postby s4lly » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:58 pm

For more information please see the attached poster produced by one of the students or email the following: eventsatbraithwaite@braithwaite.bradford.sch.uk.
Attachments
Triathlon Logo Poster Size first border edition II.doc
(135 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
s4lly

Postby Paul » Tue May 12, 2009 8:39 am

There were 6 of us at Monday night's bike ride, which was 11.4 miles, Add in the distances people rode to/from the meeting point and that must make 85 miles we can pledge towards the '3340 mile cycle to New York'
Paul

Postby janeb » Tue May 12, 2009 8:00 pm

I didn't run on saturday but the school are more than welcome to my 13 from Leeds half on Sunday :)
janeb

Postby s4lly » Wed May 13, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks Jane, All your mileage from Friday 8th to Sunday the 17th can be counted so just let us know how many you did! (hundred?) . All other Harriers let us have your mileage too, and if you could donate a little say 10p per mile all the better.
On Saturday 25 Juniors + parents ran 5 miles each= 125 miles we then had a bun sale and raised over £40 to the cause!!!!! FANTASTIC.
Were logging miles tonight juniors so let's go for it!
Sally
s4lly

Postby Paul » Fri May 15, 2009 7:26 am

Richard M says "Well done to all the junior Harriers who ran a relay on Wednesday night and covered a total of 58 miles towards Braithwaite Special School Global Triathlon. That's an average of nearly 10 miles per team. Great ! Added to your 125 ran on Saturday you are doing fantastically.
Come on you seniors hope you are logging your miles too! The mileage runs from 8th May to 17th May.Send your pledges to eventsatbraithwaite@braithwaite.bradford.sch.uk"
Paul

Postby Shirley » Fri May 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Richard
At last night's athletics session 96 children ran in the end relays clocking up 26 miles between them, so could you add that to the total please.
Shirley

Postby Soobedoo » Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 pm

I can offer the 13 from leeds half (I ran the corporate challenge but ran each leg!) and 3 each from Edward and I at the John Carr on weds.

Sx
Soobedoo

Postby Shirley » Sat May 16, 2009 3:58 pm

This morning 20 juniors and parents reccied the Badger Stone Relay route and notched up 60 miles to add to the total. Over the week 150 juniors have run 267 miles so JIH are giving £50 on their behalf to Braithwaite School. Well done and thankyou to everyone.
Shirley

Postby s4lly » Sat May 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Fantastic Ilkley Juniors - what a superb effort you have all put in over the whole week. Thank you on behalf of al the pupils at Braithwaite who have themselves been making their own big effort. I'll let you all know how many miles in total but it will take about a week to get all the miles in. - Richard
s4lly

Return to Junior Forum