What over trousers?

For members to sell to members, opinions and comments about gear. etc.

What over trousers?

Postby Mlomas » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:01 am

I've recently just got an Ultimate Direction vest and there isn't as much room in it as my previous innov8 bag. The pair of waterproof trousers I pack when the race dictates you need to carry them are an old pair of golf trousers, I'm loathed to spend money on something I don't want to wear unless of an emergency but now these trousers don't fit in my bag I think I need to get some that do.

What does everyone pack as a the lower part of a 'waterproof whole body cover' as set out by the FRA http://fellrunner.org.uk/pdf/committee/ ... ipment.pdf

Thanks
Michael
Mlomas

Re: What over trousers?

Postby Adela » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:04 pm

Regatta do a cheap waterproof trouser, can get them on Amazon or a shop in Otley sells them JR Sports.
Adela

Postby David_C » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:50 pm

I carry a pair of Inov-8 Racepant 150s which are quite small and light. Think of it as an insurance policy, hopefully I'll never need to wear them in anger but if I do then I'd like them to do the job well.
David_C

Postby petrabijsterveld » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:49 pm

I have a 'mac in a sac' pair of overtrousers. Cheap and very light. I have never worn them for running, but made good use of them whilst cycling about in Holland (lycra-free zone) and they kept my jeans dry.
petrabijsterveld

Postby Fell Fiend » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:57 am

+1 for the Regatta's. Got mine in Cotswold Outdoors for £12, taped seams so they meet the kit requirements.

They size up pretty big, i'm 6'2" and bought the small as the medium & large were hugely baggy, and they're still just about the right length, so might be worth trying on first rather than buying online?
Who climbs with toil, wheresoe’er, shall finds wings waiting there
Fell Fiend

Postby Mlomas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks for the responses and the sizing info FF, regattas sounds like a good bet, cheap and lightweight.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Regatta-Mens-Pa ... f+trousers

will need them next weekend!
Mlomas

Postby Mlomas » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Regatta's arrived, they are spot on. Small as recommended im 6ft 1
Mlomas

Return to Sales and Wants, Gear questions