Minibus for Noonstone Fell Race

Messages to and from the Management Committee of Ilkley Harriers

Minibus for Noonstone Fell Race

Postby Joffy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:29 pm

At the FRA relays there were several clubs who had hired minibuses for the day. This meant that people stayed around to support other team members and less cars got stuck in the field! I would like the committee to discuss the possibility of hiring a minibus for the forthcoming Noon Stone Fell Race where the race organiser has already warned that parking is limited and is encouraging runners to share transport.

Would the club support such an option? Obviously we'd need to wait and see how many people have managed to get an entry but as it's an English Champ and Harriers Running League race I imagine quite a few of us will have tried. I think it's also possible to hire a bus with driver.

Anyway please could you discuss this at the meeting tomorrow?

Thanks very much.
Jo
Joffy

Re: Minibus for Noonstone Fell Race

Postby Paul » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Can we have some more information, please Jo, so that we can consider this properly?
How many people would use it (the race is in Todmorden, isn't it?)
What would the costs be?
Paul

Re: Minibus for Noonstone Fell Race

Postby Joffy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Only just picked this up so doubt you'll get it before the meeting.

I don't know how much this would cost but can find out. I think it was Todmorden Harriers who had one at the FRA relays with a driver - I seem to remember somone getting a lift back with them. I'm happy to investigate costs.

Regarding whether there would be a call for this we need to see who has got an entry and then contact those people to see if they are interested in using it. Again I'd be happy to do that once the entry list goes up.

Or maybe this race is too close and this is something better considered for races furhter afield such as Ennerdale?
Joffy

Return to Committee