Harriers League 2016

Messages to and from the Management Committee of Ilkley Harriers

Harriers League 2016

Postby mccarthy02 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:28 pm

With race dates confirmed we have a clash in Harriers League Road races Guy Fawkes 10 and Abbey Dash are both on 6th November. Before we decide on whether to replace one of the races with an alternative, is there anyone who has already entered either the 10 or Abbey Dash with a view to getting a League race result that we need to take into consideration?
mccarthy02

Re: Harriers League 2016

Postby monkey » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Evening.

I've entered the Abbey Dash with a view to getting a league result. I wouldn't normally enter it and wouldn't run it if it wasn't a counter for the league.

Sarah
monkey

Postby Dave Robson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Hello,
I have entered the Guy Fawkes 10 already as I heard that one fills up quickly.
I really need to do both to get my allocation of road races in as I haven't done any yet but I guess that will be difficult now they are on the same day :)
My fault for not getting some in earlier but if an additional road race option can be added that would be a bonus.

Dave
Dave Robson

Postby jeanysullivan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:06 pm

I haven't entered either but intend to enter the Guy Fawkes 10. This unfortunate clash of dates is limiting the road race options for those keen to take part in the Harrier's League. The addition of another road race option would be fantastic!
jeanysullivan

Postby mccarthy02 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:24 pm

Thank you to those who replied to the post - given we have a few runners who have entered either Guy Fawkes or Abbey Dash with a view to getting a League result the Committee have decided to keep both races as league counters. It is unfortunate that this year there is a clash. If anyone is short of League road races PLEASE DON"T FORGET to nominate a wildcard event - this can include park runs - and is a great way to boost your League points. Just email me your wildcard race nomination within 2 weeks of competing.
mccarthy02

Return to Committee