Club mark

Messages to and from the Management Committee of Ilkley Harriers

Club mark

Postby Benj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:55 pm

This may appear to be a daft question to some but here it is. What are the main benefit's to the running club to be in the club mark scheme?. I have looked at the scheme a little but not in vast detail. Does the coach training development/training funding come on the back of been accredited club mark members?.

Ben J
Benj

Re: Club mark

Postby wjburley » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Ben

I've had a quick look, in relation to funding it says: "With club accreditation status, clubs receive more support and have better chances of gaining funding from local authorities."

Not sure if we've received any funding as a result of Clubmark. I imagine the Local Authority don't have much spare for running clubs.

It seems the main benefits are that it raises the club's profile and reputation which can't be a bad thing, although I'm not sure how many people think "Has Ilkley got Clubmark?" before they join.

http://www.englandathletics.org/page.asp?section=1483&sectionTitle=Benefits
wjburley

Postby janeb » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:59 pm

http://www.englandathletics.org/page.as ... se+Studies
Have a look at this in reply to your question ben. There a link through the junior forum pages onto UK a and the Clubmark,
Jane
janeb

Postby Paul » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm

In answer to Ben's question, the club has benefitted financially from having Clubmark, as it has received funds from Bradford Athletics Network (BAN). A lot of funding available to clubs comes via the 'Networks' set up by England Athletics and Clubmark is a requirement for membership of a 'Network'. BAN has funded 50% of all the costs of coach education courses the last few years, amounting to many hundreds of pounds for the senior part of the club alone. Similarly the junior club has received very generous funding from BAN for coach education and other development projects.
(I think that has been fairly well discussed in Committee meetings and should be in some of the minutes, for reference.)
If you want to develop a club in any way at all you need access to this sort of funding.

(But of course we didn't go after Clubmark for financial reasons alone. Clubmark is the mark of a quality club across all sports and Ilkley Harriers deserves it. Clubmark indicates that we are working to best practices and in a way endorsed by the authorities, as the case studies pointed to by Jane indicate. Successive Ilkley Harriers committees have agreed on the importance for Clubmark for many years (and there would be something quite amiss if they thought otherwise). But as I say, I don't think that's the question ...)
Paul

Postby Benj » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks Paul, Jane & Will I have looked at Club Mark a bit more as to the benefits it brings to club. The structure and the standards it brings to the club are clear to see. The question was never intended as should we not have club mark just more of a clear understanding of what it brings to the club.

Ben
Benj

Return to Committee