Ladies Cross Country

Messages to and from the Management Committee of Ilkley Harriers

Ladies Cross Country

Postby Diane H » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 pm

I am looking for a lady to take on the role of captain as i plan to step down at the AGM. I have been captain for 2 years and was considering stepping down or possibly continuing for one more year. However a broken foot has rather forced the issue as i'm not going to be able to run this autumn.
The job falls into two parts and therefore could be shared. Firstly entries must be put in for the West Yorkshire (Complete Runner)League which has 4 races from Oct to Dec. Entries have to be made prior to the AGM so i would expect to work with prospective new captain to do this. After that the Yorkshire, Northern and National Championship entries need to be done. The runners wanting these entries are usually those who have competed in the West Yorks League. Secondly there is the PECO league in which no pre entries are needed but a captain needs to be in charge of a clipboard at the finish (it is possible to do this and also run). For the last two seasons i have failed miserably to attend PECO races and therefore we DESPERATELY need someone who enjoys the PECO to take this on. It could be a different person to the West Yorks/Champs captain.
Our junior section is involved with all the cross country races and i got involved as a parent. The captain's role could be filled by a parent of a junior who attends cross country regularly. There is no need to organise the juniors as Shirley has all that in hand. As the XC season runs from Sept to March, its effectively a half year job - not too bad.
The club likes captains to be on the committe but it is not essential to be so. However the committe requires a captain to write a brief report by email each month to the committee outlining XC results or plans.
INTERESTED? Ring me for a chat on 01756 791983. Thanks, Diane
Diane H

Re: Cross Country

Postby Diane H » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Here are the dates of the West Yorks (Complete Runner) League

Sat 20th Oct at Weatherby
Sat 10th Nov at Yeadon
Sat 24th Nov at Huddersfield
Sat 8th Dec at Wakefield

This is a hugely prestigious league with top runners at the sharp end, yet the full range of abilities further down the field. Team results are dependent on completing teams in all 4 races and top clubs can fall by the wayside leaving the way for Ilkley to do really well.

Last year we met our target by taking 3rd ladies team behind Holmfirth and Bingley but ahead of Keighley and Wharfedale and we need to maintain this. We could even better it if Bingley do not complete teams in all 4 races (they didn't 2 years ago!). So come on, lets have a good turn out in all 4 races.

Entries need to be made via captains (Men: Dave Westhead/Malcom Pickering, Ladies: myself, Juniors: Shirley) and the club will pay your entry fees. We must put entries in by 20th Sept so DON'T DELAY put your name forward via email, forum or phone me on o1756 791983 or mobile 07527903912

Diane
Diane H

Re: Ladies Cross Country

Postby Beth » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Diane, I'm definately interested in doing all of the West Yorks League, the only one I'm not sure about is the one on 24th November but I'm definately ok for the other 3. I've only just joined Ilkley Harriers so I haven't done them before but looking forward to giving them a go!
Beth

Postby GeorgeE » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi Diane,

Can you put down Julie Elmes for the West Yorks X/C

Cheers

George
GeorgeE

Postby s4lly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Diane,

Please enter me for the West Yorkshire Cross countries.

Sally Malir
s4lly

Postby Fell Eagle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi, please enter me for the races

alison E
Fell Eagle

Postby Diane H » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:47 pm

:) Ladies entries are rolling in for the WYXC league. Keep 'em coming, deadline is the AGM date on Sept 25th. Entries so far: Alison Bennett, Kelly Harrison, Diane Kitchen, Caz Farrow, Emma Payne, Kate Archer, Lyn Eden, Sally Malir, Beth (please tell me your surname!), Julie Elmes, Alison Eagle.
Diane H

Postby leemor » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Diane
Can you please enter me for the west Yorkshire xc
Thanks
Sally Morley
leemor

Postby Beth » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Diane - sorry! my surname is Massey!
Thanks, Beth
Beth

Postby s4lly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi Diane,

Emma Barclay has been trying to contact you as she would like to be entered for the West Yorkshire XCs thanks .
s4lly

Next

Return to Committee