LED headtorch - Lenser H7 copy

This is the ONLY part of the forum where club members may post commercial promotional material. (It may be deleted without notice from anywhere else.)

LED headtorch - Lenser H7 copy

Postby dave_ladell » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 am

Nicos, Emma and Andy liked the torch I used last night. Here's the link to the item on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0907414012
dave_ladell

Re: LED headtorch - Lenser H7 copy

Postby nikos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks Dave! Let s keep the off road team going through the dark nights and thank you for running with us.

See you soon

Nikos
nikos

Postby nikos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 pm

240 lumen really?? For 16 pound... I hope the 130 pound I splashed on the Petzl Nao worth it
nikos

Postby Paul » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Wow, less than 17 squid post-free. And it hasn't set Dave's hair on fire yet?
I've just ordered one! It'll do for working in the attic, if nothing else, at that price.

I had a Nao briefly, bought it from Stuart at Facewest when they'd just come out, a few months ago. That seemed a great bit of kit - fantastic battery, brighter, and auto-dimming. Lent it to someone very experienced in night orienteering and he liked it so much he bought it off me and took it back to Switzerland with him. I'll probably buy another, but this'll do as a stop-gap and backup.
Paul

Postby nikos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 pm

So the Nao is good pheeeeww!! Great to hear a review from an experienced orienteer

For a reason last night my myo rxp was less brighter than Dave's. perhaps I should consider changing the batteries :-)
nikos

Postby dave_ladell » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Not sure if it really gives 240 lumen. I'm running on rechargeable batteries which might drop it a bit too.
Tuesday was the first time I've used it in anger and it seemed OK especially for the price but on a really dark night it might be a tad lacking.
dave_ladell

Postby drmackem » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:32 am

Thx for that Dave
Ordered one, will see how it rolls.
Andy
drmackem

Postby Paul » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Whee, mine's just arrived. What joy there is in something so cheap, even if it is a blatant knock-off of another design.
Minimal packaging, instruction leaflet in Chinese (but English on the box), no batteries supplied (bit naughty, as the eBay ad said 'batteries included', but not bothered as they would most likely have been rubbish batteries), no fancy pouch.
But that's OK and pretty much as expected, it works, it seems comfy on your head on first impression, and it's bright!
Mine came with a plain black strap (the eBay pic had writing on the strap) but I like that too.
Paul

Postby EmmaFotherby » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks Dave! I ordered mine straight away too after I saw your post and ebay link on Wednesday but wasnt forum activated in time to reply before I left the internet, hence late reply..
Its here and Im very happy with it, basic and bright, bargain price and great starter if anyone is interested in night off road :) Thanks again & maybe see you tonight for Nikos' group again
EmmaFotherby

Postby dave_ladell » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm glad those that have ordered them seem to be happy. I've no connection to the retailer BTW - just a happy customer. They are cheap and basic but seem, so far, to do the job. Even if you don't use one as your main light and decide to get something beefier for that, they make a superb backup as they're so light.
dave_ladell

Next

Return to Commercial Zone