HomnomAugust

Membership queries, notices, social scene.

HomnomAugust

Postby HWadd » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:37 am

Harrier of the Month time! Apologies for the slight delay in this reminder - holidays getting in the way! As always this is just a brief summary so please feel free to add names for nominations here on Facebook or to homnom@ilkleyharriers.org.uk. Easy to overlook someone's achievement over the holiday period so please take a moment to scan the website and don't forget the volunteers!

Starting with road - some great performances at the Parkruns - Geoff Howard running sub 22 at Pontefract and Kate Archer 1st lady at Skipton. Tom Adams set a new PB at Blackpool Illuminations 10k and Caroline Howe at York 10k.

Off road some great runs by Harriers at Borrowdale Fell Race, notably Alison Weston taking 2nd LV50. Lots of great performances at the summer local galas and shows including a win for Jack Wood at Malham. Norman Bush also a regular turning in some great runs.

Further afield Jack Wood came 51st in the World Long Distance championships and Jane McCarthy took on the Glacier 3000 uphill only race in Switzerland.

A good show of Harriers at the Pendle 3 Peaks fell race with Jim Ryder, Jo Foster and Adela Reperecki all highly placed in their age categories.

Alison Weston took on the double at Burnsall this year - 10 mile road race followed by short and sharp fell race and 3rd lady home! Well done Alison.

Lots more I've missed in the rush to post I'm sure, so please check out the website and help me out!
HWadd

Return to Club