HoM nom July

Membership queries, notices, social scene.

HoM nom July

Postby HWadd » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Happy Summer holidays everybody! The months are flying by and the Committee is meeting this Tuesday (1st) so please get your nominations in soon! Either here on FB or to homnom@ilkleyharriers.org.uk. And don't forget volunteer of the Month too.

Starting with the road, Martin Archer was an impressive 10th at Harrogate 10K in an eye watering time of 36.34. Also lots of Harriers at the Leeds 10K, a league race, with some great performances from some of our beginners and improvers as well as the more established runners. Please take a look and feel free to name anyone you know who trained hard and got a great result.

Off road and another amazing month for Tom Adams winning Stoodley Pike FR, Addingham Gala FR, Cowling and he also came an amazing 3rd at Snowdon International Mountain Race resulting in a team prize for England. Well done Tom!

Addingham Gala FR drew a great number of Harriers with 6 Harriers coming in the top 10. Well done all! Jack Wood took 7th place at the grueling Wasdale FR, which was an English Championship race this year with a time of 4.05. Caroline Howe is continuing to get some great results and was first Harrier at Eccup 10.

July is a busy month for Ultras and congratulations go to Abigail Bailey who completed the 100K Race to the Stones opting for the non-stop version and finishing in just over 24 hours. Richard Joel and I took on the Ultimate Trails 110k in the Lake District, and last but by no means least Ben Sheppard who finished an amazing 11th place and sub 9 hours in this year's Lakeland 50 in a quality international field (and then had to walk two miles back to his accommodation) . . . Congratulations Ben!

I am sure there will be people I have over-looked quite unintentionally and it's all too easy to pick out fast or highly placed runners but there will be others (who you know and I don't) who have been working hard so please add to the list.
HWadd

Return to Club