Christmas Relays, Quiz and Food - 20th December

Membership queries, notices, social scene.

Christmas Relays, Quiz and Food - 20th December

Postby neil chapman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:59 pm

It will soon be time to dust off those costumes for the Christmas relays which will take place on Tuesday 20th December. Meet on Denton Road by the Old Bridge at 7 pm for a 7.15 pm start. Teams of 4 - any combination - but under 14's must run with an adult. Each person to run 1 x 1 mile lap of Rupert Road. Prizes for first team and best fancy dress. The cost will be just £1 per runner, with all money paid going to a charity, still to be decided.
There will be Mulled wine and mince pies for all those taking part.

And after:

Family Quiz (questions for all ages) and Food at Ilkley Tennis Club. Quiz to start at about 8.30pm. Maximum of 8 to a team, but no restriction on the number of teams.
If you are intending to come to the quiz and would like food please let us know here how many, so we have some idea of numbers. Thanks.

Neil
neil chapman

Re: Reminder - Christmas Relays, Quiz and Food - 20th Decemb

Postby mudsplasher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi everyone. A reminder about the Christmas relays (fancy dress) and family quiz (questions for all ages) on 20th Dec - maximum of 8 to a team for the quiz, but no restriction on the number of teams - put the date in your diaries.

Food (hot) will be laid on in the ILTSC café/bar and will be paid for by IH. However, we need to know numbers for food beforehand so that we can get an idea of how many people will be coming and can preorder. If you would like food please let us know here, via Facebook or on one of the club nights or training nights asap.

There will also be a collection on the night of £1 (or more if you want to donate) per runner or per quiz team member if not running in aid of a local charity (to be decided).

Thanks. Val Kerr (your very jolly Christmas quiz master)
mudsplasher

Re: Christmas Relays, Quiz and Food - 20th December

Postby Philip H » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi Val,

Alex and I will be running in the relay. I suppose I need to find a couple of runners to make up the team but no doubt that will sort itself out.

We will also be attending the quiz. Sue will be joining us, so we need food for 3. Again I'll need to find a quiz team for us to join, preferably a knowledgeable one, but that will also resolve itself at some point between now and the 22nd.

Thanks,

Philip Hirst
Philip H

Postby mudsplasher » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:02 pm

So far there's been a great response to the Christmas relays, quiz and food with 60 people indicating that they will be coming. Our charity on the night will be 'LS29" a local charity which supports families and children with mental/physical handicap in the Ilkley area.
If anyone else would like food please could they let me know asap as I need to let the tennis club know final numbers by the end of the week. Food will be served at about approximately 8.30 pm with the quiz starting at 9.00 pm. People will be able to find teams for the relays and quiz on the night if they are not already in a team.
Val
mudsplasher

Postby mudsplasher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:15 am

Food for the quiz is now closed - we should have 70 attending (all names received have been noted).
If anyone else wants to come to the quiz they will be very welcome but please try and eat beforehand.
mudsplasher

Postby neil chapman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Xmas Relay arrangements - Meet at the Old Bridge from 7.00pm tomorrow night (20th Dec), where you can enter your teams for the Xmas relay. We want as many in fancy dress as possible, but make sure it is safe to run in, and if you can include something reflective or illuminated – even better. Prizes for the best costumes!
Don’t forget your £4 per team, which is all going to the local charity LS29 which supports families and children with mental/physical handicap in the Ilkley area.
After the run the Waddington Caterers will be at the Old Bridge with mince pies and mulled wine. Then it’s time to get your thinking caps on for Val’s quiz and food for those who have ordered it, back at the Tennis Club.
See you tomorrow
Neil
neil chapman

Postby hildacoulsey » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:03 am

A brilliant evening: Thank you to Neil and Ben, Helen and Dick and Val and Mark.
hildacoulsey

Postby mudsplasher » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:21 am

Thank you very much to everyone who took part in the relays and quiz last night and donated to the charity LS29. I am very pleased to say that I will be sending a cheque for £114 to the charity from all of your donations. Well done to Alison Bennet's team 'Elf 4 leather' for winning the quiz. A Happy Christmas to everyone and enjoy your running over the festive period.
Val
mudsplasher

Re: Christmas Relays and Quiz Charity Thank You

Postby mudsplasher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 pm

I have just received a very nice letter from the Chair of the LS29 Group - our chosen charity for the Christmas relays and Quiz night. They thank us very much for our donation of £114 and are planning to spend it on a trip to a farm park at Easter for about 15 families with young handicapped children. Hilda is going to add another £20 to that amount for the VoM Dec award to the team that organised the evening. I am sure the children will enjoy their day out and thank everyone who donated to this charity on the night.
Val Kerr
mudsplasher

Return to Club