HoMNoM April

Membership queries, notices, social scene.

HoMNoM April

Postby petrabijsterveld » Sun May 01, 2016 9:30 am

It is May Day so please let me have your nominations for Harrier of the Month of April. Do nominate a runner and a volunteer if you can. A lot of people support the running of the club in various ways on an on-going basis.
In case you cannot remember all the fab achievements of the last 30 days, Helen Waddington provides a nice summary for you here:
Harrier of the Month comes round quickly! Here we go . . . amazing start to the month for Geoff Howard - a 42.40 10K - at the BMAF Champs in London. Pendle Fell race saw another great position for Ruaridh Mon-Williiams who was 5th overall. Two great wins for Harriers at Blubberhouses 25 - Dan Wilkinson and Jann Smith, with Ben Sheppard and John Hayes coming in the top 10. Tom Adams held on to his Bunny Run title for an overall series win. Some great performances at the tough Anniversary Waltz fell race with Jack Wood coming 3rd overall in the longer Teenager with Altitude event and Jane McCarthy and Alison Weston taking 1st place in their age categories. The YVAA first Grand Prix event brought a great result for Alison Eagle who was 1st V50 and 7th overall. Harriers dominated at the Dick Hudsons race this year taking 4 out of the 5 first places - Matthew Cox taking the win. April is the big month for the road runners and we saw great marathon results this year - plenty of harriers at Manchester, Paris and London - lots of fantastic performances so as always have a look at the website and spot the people you know who have put in the miles! To finish and, as they say, in no particular order Jack Wood has ended the month in style with an outstanding run at the Three Peaks Fell Race coming 6th overall with a time of 3.02 and taking the Silver trophy for the Yorkshire champs. This is (I think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong) the fastest time and the highest position ever by a Harrier in the race. Well done to everybody and we look forward to seeing all your Nominations!!
petrabijsterveld

Return to Club