Christmas Relays, Quiz and Food - 22nd December

Membership queries, notices, social scene.

Re: Christmas Relays, Quiz and Food - 22nd December

Postby neil chapman » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:27 am

Reminder - You can enter the relays on the night, but Val needs to know who wants the free food afterwards at the quiz by 18th Dec at the latest.
Val we had 3 teams enter last night. The Archers - no food, the Pickering's - 5 for food, and Team Robson - D Robson, D Chandler, M Duffield & A Murphy - all 4 for food. Also, Helen and Dick Waddington who are helping with the race would also like food.

A couple of volunteers who are not running to help with marshalling are also needed if you can help.

Neil
neil chapman

Postby Andrew Jackson » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi Val,
Can you put me down for "2" foods please.
Thanks
Andy
Andrew Jackson

Postby neil chapman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:01 pm

You can still put in a team tonight, so don't be put off by the weather, it will be fine by the time we start. Meet at the old bridge at 7.00 and aim to start as soon after 7.15 as possible.
Neil
neil chapman

Postby neil chapman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks to all who turned out for the Christmas relays last night, even the weather was kind to us in the end. It was great to see so many turn out and get into the Christmas spirit and to see so many young ones running with mums and dads. It was all about having fun, so there are no timings for the teams, as it was all a bit chaotic for that, but congratulations to the winning team of Ruaridh & Mark Mon-Williams and John & Dan Hayes, and well done to Jack Wood who ran all four legs and was only 15 secs or so behind the winners. Thanks to those who entered into the spirit and dressed up for the occasion, and to Julie Elmes who won the best dressed prize.

We only had a small team of elite helpers, so thanks to all of them, and special thanks to Helen and Dick who put on a brilliant mobile drinks and snacks at the Old Bridge afterwards. I know what I need to do when I retire now - Chuck Van at the Old Bridge!

I couldn't make the quiz afterwards but I am sure Val put on a great night, and I look forward to hearing about that from those who went, I know she had a good number of names down.

As I mentioned last night there was no charge for the teams, but if anyone wants to make a donation to Val or myself if they have not already done so, the proceeds are going to Mountain Rescue, we might need them one day as we have in the past. Thanks to you all and have a Merry Christmas.

Neil
neil chapman

Postby mudsplasher » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:26 pm

I will join Neil in his thanks to those who turned up for the quiz last night and joined in the fun. I apologise now for my singing of "three Bickerdikes, two O'Looneys and a Sugden in a pear tree" - don't blame me, see Sue !!
The quiz was played in good spirit and was won by the team of Andrew Jackson and co. - not quite the biggest team number wise but they did well, even on the questions meant for the teenagers.
I forgot to mention that we were collecting for the Upper Wharfedale Mountain Rescue but if anyone would like to contribute £1 or £2 please pass the money on to me or Neil asap.
Thanks again.
Val
mudsplasher

Re: Christmas Relays, Quiz and Food - Donations

Postby mudsplasher » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:53 pm

The Christmas relays, quiz and food were free of charge to Harriers but Neil and I agreed to take a collection (voluntary donation) of £1-2 per participant in aid of the Upper Wharfedale Mountain Rescue. If anyone else who took part in the relays or quiz would like to make a donation please can they give it to me or Neil as soon as possible so that I can send the money off. I will be down at the club after the run tomorrow night as we have a committee meeting. Alternatively, I'm sure that Petra will collect any donations on our behalf before the run.

Thanks
Val
mudsplasher

Postby mudsplasher » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:11 am

Many thanks to all who made donations at the relays/quiz.
On behalf of IH I have sent off a cheque for £40 to the Upper Wharfedale Fell Rescue Association in Grassington today.
Val
mudsplasher

Previous

Return to Club