Northern Road Relays 2017

News, reports, teams, comments on races, car shares.

Northern Road Relays 2017

Postby petrabijsterveld » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:24 pm

A date for the diary for all road runners: the Northern Road Relays 2017 will be held on March 25th in Blackpool. Peter Shields and I are keen to try and get Ilkley teams to this event, a men's team needs 12 and a ladies' team 6 runners. Have a look at the 2015 report of this event here: http://www.ilkleyharriers.org.uk/index. ... 5&month=03
Please post here or on Facebook if you might be interested in running. Enthusiasm more important than speed!
petrabijsterveld

Re: Northern Road Relays 2017

Postby PeterS » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:37 pm

We have just received the entry forms for the Northern 12 and 6 stage road relays. They are being held at Stanley Park, Blackpool on the 25th March starting at 12 o'clock. The men's race has 4 long legs 9.5k in distance and 8 short legs 5.2k in distance. Entry for athletes is if you are 17 or over from the 31st August 2016. The females race comprises of 2 long legs of 9.5k and 4 of 5.2k.
The relays are a great event on the racing calendar and something to experience. Petra and myself are looking for Ilkley Harriers to compete, the closing date for entry is the 13th March. If you have any queries re the event I will be happy to answer them, I can't emphasise enough how good participating in such a relay is, it is not often we run as a team, the atmosphere that builds during the course of the event really has to be experienced.
PeterS

Re: Northern Road Relays 2017

Postby petrabijsterveld » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 am

Final call for interest in the Northern Road Relays on March 25th in Blackpool. Entries have to be made by March 13th. It seems highly unlikely that we can field a men's team, I have had interest from Ben Joynson, Matt Newell, Michael Duffield and Steve Weston but we need 12 men. Please get in touch with Peter Shields or myself if you want to run in this event.
We have 6 women and I have emailed you all. If there are other women interested please get in touch as we could enter a second team.
petrabijsterveld

Return to Racing