Cross Country season 2016/17

News, reports, teams, comments on races, car shares.

Cross Country season 2016/17

Postby Gaenor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:52 pm

The 2016 cross country season is quickly approaching and the dates and entry forms for this years West Yorkshire Cross Country league are now out. The dates are:

• 2nd October – Wakefield
• 30th October - Nunroyd
• 20th November - Spenbrough
• 4th December - Keighley

The distance for these series of 4 races are approximately 10km for the men and 7km for women. They really are for ALL abilities, so please don't feel that you will not be good enough to do them. Cross country, especially when it is muddy, is a lot of fun and is great winter training whether you are a road, trail or fell runner.
COST FOR THE FOUR RACES IS ONLY £12.00 and if that is not good enough value the club will refund £6 will club on attendance at 2 of the events.

If you like to enter the league please
• Respond to this post or email and send through the following details to gaenorcoy@tiscali.co.uk
 Name
 EA #
 Date of Birth
• Send a cheque payable to Ilkley Harriers or cash (£12.00) – if you want to send by BACS email me and I can give you details
To: Gaenor Coy, 1 Pinewood Close, Ilkley, LS299QD

So, get your diaries out, pencil in the dates and respond to this thread or on the FB page or by email

There have been some regulars each year who I would hope to see but it would also be great to get some new faces too.

Deadline is 11th September latest please for race 1 and remember to send through the money – no payment no entry

Also, other dates to note for future events – for which I will send out separate correspondence
• Saturday 7th January 2017 Yorkshire X-C Champs - Lightwater valley (TBC)
• Saturday 28th January 2017 - Northern X-C Champs - Knowsley
• Saturday 25th February 2017 - National X-C Champs - Nottingham
• PECO XC league – dates to be confirmed but start around end Nov till Feb

Hope to hear from you

Gaenor and Steve Coy
Gaenor

Re: Cross Country season 2016/17

Postby Gaenor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:43 am

WYXC senior and 17 + entrants - Thanks to those who have paid their £12 entry fee. There are still a lot of you still to pay! Please get your money sent to us by this Wednesday pm very latest or your entry will not be sent and you will therefore not be able to race in the 1st race on the 2nd October. Email me at gaenorcoy@tiscali.co.uk if you require BAC's details. Thanks Gaenor and Steve.
Gaenor

Return to Racing