PECO XC 2015/2016

News, reports, teams, comments on races, car shares.

PECO XC 2015/2016

Postby SteveC » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:27 am

First PECO race is this weekend and i know we have started handing out the race numbersm but we still have a few to distribute

Just a few reminders about the race at Temple Newsam on Sunday:

1. Detailed race information is now available on the League web site (follow this link: http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race1.html). We are expecting a bumper turnout, so please advise your runners to get there early (to beat the queues at registration), to car share wherever possible (to ease the overcrowding in the car parks) and to consider their choice of footwear (as it will be very muddy in places, but with some hard packed sections)
2. Runners should only join the registration queue once they are in possession of their bib tag (race number): if they have not collected this before the day of the race, they should find their club rep BEFORE attempting to register. We will be there around 930 / 945 to hand out numbers for those who want to register early.
3. The deadline for registering ‘counting’ runners for Race 1 has now passed: any of your club members who are not already registered with me will have to run as ‘Guests’. However, we do have spare numbers so you need to collect a number before registering and paying the race fee as with any pre-registered runners

Hope makes sense and see you Sunday or contact us if you want to collect before the day

Steve and Gaenor
SteveC

Re: PECO XC 2015/2016

Postby Andrew Sheldon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:15 pm

I am driving to the 1st race on Sunday 22nd and have some a couple of seats spare. leaving from Ilkley.
Andrew Sheldon

Postby SteveC » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Well done to all the Harriers in a chilly but surprisingly not too boggy 1st PECO race of the year and in particular enduring the draining last 300m
Thanks to all who got their early enough to collect their numbers and pay the £3 for them well in advance. Remember to keep your numbers for the remainder of the series

We do however have quite a few numbers left and it would be appreciated if you could arrange collection and payment before the 2nd race on the 13th December at West Park

People who need to collect and pay still are
Abigail Bailey, Alison Bennett, Jane Bryant, Caroline Craske, Alison Eagle, Helen Horton, Sally Lynch, Emma O'Looney, Allison Ricci, Sally Wright, Matt Newell, Steve Newell, Dave Robson, Pete Shields, Jack Wood, William Woodhead, Tom Warboys and Peter Tapper

Contact us via the forum, facebook or by phone

Thanks and hope to see even more of your there next time

Steve and Gaenor
SteveC

Postby SteveC » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:39 pm

By the way - anyone else wanting to run in the PECOs let us know early December (5th latest) so we can get you registered for the 2nd race
thanks
Steve and Gaenor
SteveC

Postby Fell Eagle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:46 pm

HI

Where abouts do you live as I struggle to get down to the club so might be better for me to come and pick my number up?
Email me at alisoneagle@hotmail.co.uk if that's easier
Cheers
Alison
Fell Eagle

Postby SteveC » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:59 pm

Last call for any additional peco entries to formally register for next week's race
We will be sending the updated sheet through tomorrow to meet the deadline
Thanks
Steve and Gaenor
SteveC

Postby SteveC » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:21 pm

Race 4 will be at Golden Acre Park on Sunday 24th January. Details and course maps are available on the web site, http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race4.html

Please note the following:

1) Parking is REALLY limited at this venue, so please, car share where you can. Dangerous or illegal parking is likely to have negative consequences for the individuals concerned (the police will probably have a nose around and will gleefully ticket the worst offenders) and for future events at Golden Acre

2) The course has been modified in order to meet the approval of the head gardener. The ‘new’ course is a 2 lapper (so not suitable for a staggered start) and will not accommodate 700+ runners at the same time.

3) There will be separate races for the Senior Ladies 10.40 and Senior Men 11.30am. Please make a note of these changed times, especially the ladies

We have 1 unallocated number available if there is anyone who wishes to start taking part and representing the club - £3 for the number then £3 per race - let me know the next 24 hours as the deadline is Sunday for next weeks race

Finally, I still have quite a few numbers which we have paid for but still not collected and therefore costing the club as they have been purchased in good faith. Therefore, could you please collect and pay the £3 as soon as possible/ next race, names are listed below
Abilgail Bentley, Sue Bickerdike, Jane Bryant, Caroline Craske, Sally Lynch, Allison Ricci, Matt Newell, Steve Newell, Dave Robson, William Woodhead, Tom Worboys, Peter Tapper, Steve Murray, Nick Pearce

Many thanks

Steve and Gaenor
SteveC

Postby SteveC » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:48 am

The final PECO race of the season is this weekend - 14th Feb - at Roundhay Park
Timings are back to normal with both men and women off at 11am
Details can be found at the PECO site, please make sure you read the section regarding parking
http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race5.html
Hopefully we can get near a full house
See you there
Steve and Gaenor
SteveC

Postby jackw » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Hey anyone out there going to PECO tomorrow that could give me a lift from/to somewhere near Leathley (eg Pool or Dyneley Arms)?
jackw

Postby marygibbo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:39 pm

Hey Jack!

Welcome to come with me if you want! Just send me a text- here's my number 07874232830. Mary
marygibbo

Return to Racing