ILKLEY INCLINE

News, reports, teams, comments on races, car shares.

ILKLEY INCLINE

Postby DWadd » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi everyone, Dick and I are organising this race for the first time and will be looking for volunteers to help with race please. We will need help at Registration, road marshals, a sweeper, a timer and finishers checker and probably lots more! In particular I don't know who was in charge of the timing last year, but it obviously needs a safe pair of hands, so if it was YOU can you do it again please?! The race is at 7 pm (registration from 6 pm onwards) on Wednesday 2nd September. Leaflets will be available shortly if you can help with circulating these as well that would be great. Thanks!!! Petra, I might need you to help with the social media and twitter stuff?! Helen and Dick
DWadd

Re: ILKLEY INCLINE

Postby danw » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 pm

I think I will be away with work that day sorry as I would have been happy to help with the timing and recording as I did last year... That may change and if it does I'll get involved in some way.

I haven't distributed one physical leaflet for the gala race btw, its just been posted in various social media. I joined all the local running clubs & FRA facebook pages and posted it there and on twitter, FRA forums etc. I even used Strava. I was going to give them out at Blackfell but I was running late for registration. If you want me to do the same with the Incline one then thats no problem, it will save you joining all the facebook groups and getting a load of useless info in your feed!

I think its more eyecatching to have some material that captures the spirit of the event rather than just the words so I hope it works and I get more than the 51 who ran last year!
danw

Postby DWadd » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:45 pm

DAN thanks so much - that would be incredibly helpful - I will email you the poster when the final draft is ready. Shame you can't be around on the day but work is work - let me know if you have any other suggestions for the timer. Hope you get a good turn out on Saturday - forecast looks decent at least!
DWadd

Postby petrabijsterveld » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:04 pm

I'll do the Twitter stuff!
petrabijsterveld

Postby neil chapman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Helen / Dick
I am happy to do the timing again this year. I can also supply a temporary finishing funnel I have used before, as you cannot use conventional poles because the ground is too hard.
Neil
neil chapman

Postby DWadd » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:48 am

Neil that would be brilliant- thanks very much - and the finishing funnel sounds great too. Hopefully see you Saturday. Cheers now
DWadd

Postby RachelC » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi
I can help Marshall.
Rachel
RachelC

Postby DWadd » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:58 am

Thanks Rachel! That would be great - I am drawing up a roster in the next week or so and will put you down. Helen
DWadd

Return to Racing