Harrogate & District Summer Race League 2015

News, reports, teams, comments on races, car shares.

Harrogate & District Summer Race League 2015

Postby Andrew Sheldon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:12 pm

HDSRL - What is it?
It is friendly league of local running clubs, including Ilkley, which organises a series of Summer evening races each year.
Races are generally between 5 and 6.5 miles and on the road, although increasingly the races include 'trails'.
When the League started in 1985, the races were in the Harrogate District, which explains the name.
The races are suitable for all abilities and are good social events too. The entry fee includes a sandwich and cake supper after each race. There is usually a good turnout and opportunity for car sharing to get there.

When are the races?
There are five races, the dates are
Tue 5th May 7.30pm HARROGATE HARRIERS (Please note earlier start time)
Thu 21st May 7.45pm DRAGONS (YEADON) Venue/date change
Tue 2nd June 7.45pm THIRSK AC
Wed 17 June 7.45pm WETHERBY RUNNERS
Tue 7th July 7.20pm OTLEY AC (Norman Smith Handicap and Presentations)

How to Enter?
IMPORTANT change from this year! There will be NO ENTRY ON THE DAY!
Entry fee is £5 per runner, that gets you into all five races, competitive UKA licensed quality races in great surroundings, plus sandwich tea and cakes after each race.
Please pre-register and obtain your race number as soon as possible. Keep your race number for all five races. You do not have to run in all the races.

How do I obtain my race number?
The best way is to fill out the attached entry form and post to or take to the reception desk at Ilkley Lawn Tennis & Squash Club. We have a folder there especially for this purpose. Please make sure you enclose a completed and signed entry form, payment by cheque, and a stamped self addressed envelope in which your number will be posted to you.

You can get your race number from club rep Andrew Sheldon, before Tuesday night club runs if I'm there, or you can always reply here on this forum post to say you want a number, I will get in touch.
Also you can contact me on the Harriers facebook page, I will write a post on there so you can reply or send me a message.

Can I get a number on the night of the race?
No not any more. You can obtain a number before a race provided the club rep is able to arrange a time. However, as numbers are available a long time in advance, the club committee is satisfied that there is sufficient opportunity for runners to obtain their number well before the first race. Brand new members joining as the series is under way will be assisted to get a number if they wish to take part.

Further Information
NEW COMPETITION for 2015 the 30th anniversary year
There will be an elite Ladies prize, based on the first three ladies all categories for each club, using race times. It does not require the same runners to compete every race, just the times of the first three ladies for each race. (This differs from the existing Ladies Vet3 competition which is female vet and based on points). The prize is awarded to the club at the end of the league fixtures.

More race info including directions at the HDSRL website http://harrogate-league.co.uk/.
For lifts and car sharing, members normally post on this forum or through the Ilkley Harriers facebook page.

Thanks for reading and here's to another good year of summer race league meets! Hope to see you there.
Attachments
IHHDSRLPO_2015.txt
Revised for second race venue/date change
(5.35 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Andrew Sheldon

Re: Harrogate & District Summer Race League 2015

Postby Andrew Sheldon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 pm

HDSRL numbers - there are entry forms pinned to the Harriers notice board at the tennis club (corridor to the changing rooms). I won't be at club training tonight BUT.. Anyone bringing money could always fill a form in and leave at reception in an envelope. This works well, as several members already know.
Downloadable version of the entry form is shown in the original post in this thread.
Thanks, keep those entries coming, first race five weeks away. No entries on the night so need to get a number in advance.
Andrew Sheldon

Postby Andrew Sheldon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Last chance to get your HDSRL number before the first race next week.
Please bring £5 entry fee to club training on Tuesday 28th April.
You can still enter through the mail order form, allowing enough time for the postal service to deliver your number by post.
Andrew Sheldon

Postby suew » Sun May 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Please could anyone take me to and from Harrogate on Tues?Can get to Ilkley or Burley.
Thanks Sue W
suew

Postby Paul Stephens » Mon May 04, 2015 6:04 pm

I'd be grateful for a lift from somebody as well. Thanks, Paul
Paul Stephens

Postby monkey » Mon May 04, 2015 8:20 pm

I could also do with a lift if it's possible? Can get to Ilkley or Ben Rhydding. Sarah E
monkey

Postby Willworboys » Tue May 05, 2015 7:18 am

Me or Tom are driving from Ilkley. If anyone still needs a lift text or ring me on 07756172509
Willworboys

Postby Andrew Sheldon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:56 pm

HDSRL Race #4 Wednesday 17th June 7.45pm start at Wetherby (Sicklinghall).
If you can come along this one is one of the best tracks, all on road, a teaser of a climb on the way back, great downhill finish and don't forget the village hall tea and cakes afterwards! Weather forecast looks okay too. Come and join us!
Andrew Sheldon

Postby Andrew Sheldon » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:56 pm

The HDSRL handicap race start times are out now at http://www.harrogate-league.org.uk/ Tue 7th July from 7.20pm Otley.
The start times and results can be downloaded in several formats, see the main page at the top under "Latest, 23 June" . Tea and cakes and goodies after the race.
Andrew Sheldon

Postby Andrew Sheldon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Medal winner! Christine Cox won the HDSRL 2015 FV55 individual medal, awarded for the most main team points best three results from the four races. Well done Christine!
Andrew Sheldon

Return to Racing